Small Cut Tender Jack Fruit
Idinchakka Thoran Recipe/Tender Jack Fruit Stir Fry Recipe
My Online Vipani Small Cut Tender Jack Fruit 1 Packet
Ginger : 1 small piece
Garlic : 2 pods
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies : 2-3
Small onion /Shallots : 4-5
Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
Dry red chilly : 2 broken into 2 pieces
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Coconut oil : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Idichakka Thoran | Tender Jack Fruit Stir Fry :
1. Pressure cook the cleaned My Online Vipani Small Cut Tender Jack with little water, salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder for 1-2 whistle or cook covered in a pan till soft. (Note : Do not overcook the pieces), when it is done remove from fire,drain it and allow it to cool.
2. Shred the cooked jackfruit piece by pounding them using a pestle or pulse in a food processor or mixer.
3. Combine grated coconut, shallots,green chilies,ginger,cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and grind it coarsely.
4. Combine the grounded coconut mixture to the shredded jackfruit.
5. Heat coconut oil in a pan ,add dry chilly pieces, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
6. Now add the coconut jackfruit mix and saute them in medium heat.
7. Cover and cook for couple of minutes in low flame, finally add fresh curry leaves and 1 tsp of coconut oil and saute for a minute, adjust the salt and remove from the fire.
8. Serve with hot steamed rice or kanji and Enjoy!