Karthika Puzhukku Recipe
Puzhukku is a dish made of boiled/steamed root vegetables flavored with seasoned coconut paste. Karthika Puzhukku is such a healthy dish made with a mix of different seasonal tubers and beans.
- Yam ( Kaachil )
- Colocosia ( Chembu )
- Lesser Yam ( Cheru Kizhang )
- Sweet Potato ( Madhura Kizhangu )
- Green Gram ( Cherupayar )
- Raw Plantain ( Pacha Ethaikka)
- Turmeric Powder
- Dry Red Chilly
- Cumin Seed
- Curry Leaves
- Coconut Oil
- Soak Green Gram minimum 3 hours.
- Then pressure cook all items by adding Turmeric powder, Salt & Water.
- Cook till 4 whistles.
- Keep aside to settle down the temperature automatically.
- Grind Coconut along with Cumin & Dry Red Chilly.
- Heat a pan and add the cooked items into it.
- Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add Coconut paste & mix well
- Cook fir 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame & Add plenty of Curry Leaves & 1 tbs Coconut Oil.